Crisis Intervention Services are unscheduled activities conducted for the purpose of resolving a crisis situation requiring immediate attention. Activities include crisis response, crisis line, assessment, referral, and direct therapy.
A Mental Health Emergency for an adult or child who is experiencing a serious mental health issue or serious emotional disturbance can present in the following ways:
- The adult or child can reasonably be expected in the near future to harm himself or herself or another person
- Because of his/her inability to meet his/her basic needs they are at risk of harm
- The adult or child’s judgement is so impaired that he/she is unable to understand the need for treatment and that his/her condition is expected to result in harm to himself or herself or another individual in the near future.
Huron Behavioral Health’s (HBH’s) Crisis Services Department provides 24 hour, seven day per week, triage for all persons experiencing a psychiatric or mental health emergency. The Crisis Services Department provides evaluation and screening for inpatient psychiatric hospital admission.
If you have a mental health emergency, you should seek help right away at any time during the day or night.
- HBH’s 24/7 Crisis Line: 1-800-356-5568
- Walk In to HBH’s Clinic at 1375 R. Dale Wertz Drive, Bad Axe, MI from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Call in to HBH’s Clinic at (989) 269-9293 or toll free 1-800-356-5568
- Call 911
- Or go to the nearest emergency room